Sunday, July 1, 2012

DIY: Crochet Side Shorts ✭

Nadine's back for one last DIY guest post! This time, she teaches us how to add crochet details to our otherwise simple pair of shorts. This one's a bit tricky if you don't know how to sew so I suggest asking help from your mom or anyone at home that can sew. It's just a quick DIY so without further ado, here it is!

Materials:
1. Old shorts / jean (cut it up into shorts)
2. Crochet fabric
3. Needle, thread, and scissors.
Step One: Lay out flat the sides of your shorts, and cut a triangle shape. You can make it at big/ long and you like.  

Step Two: Cut the fabric to the desired shape. Put it underneath the shorts and check the length, etc. Make sure it looks good.

Step Three: Flip the shorts inside out and start sewing! This took me so long, haha! I can’t sew, just look at the photos above! (I did some mistakes so I asked my mom to resew it for me.)
Step Four: Since you’ve made the sides of your shorts all cute, don’t neglect the back pockets! Sew it on, the same. 
And that's it! Take a look at the end product below. If you tried out this DIY, send us a link to your finished product by commenting below. We hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks Nadine!
EDIT: Look what Nadine sent us!!! Isn't she just the cutest person ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...