Thursday, July 12, 2012

FEATURED: Stefany Alves ☮

Meet Stefany Alves. A one of a kind extraordinaire. A photographer with an mind so out of this world, it can make you feel a thousand different feelings in just one photograph. A girl who takes risks with her fashion, yet totally knows who she is in her own element
Once I came across her site, I immediately knew she was a force to be reckoned with. We HAD to feature her, since her photos just radiate some sort of aura that makes people feel like they're living in a world they wish they existed in. She makes photos come to life, making stories out of inanimate objects as if they were people in everyday life. With her different themed posts and whimsical ideas coming out of each set, it's no trouble to find why I am in love with her blog.
Not only is she a brilliant photographer, but a fantastic artist as well. The way she portrays herself through her fashion is a breath of fresh air; effortless, yet thought up to the miniscule detail. What an inspiration! She's really in her own sphere of influence, and it's great to see her being one of mine pertaining to photography. Here are a few of my favorite photos! 
Choosing these photos were really hard, since I have so much favorites! Anyway, I was so excited to know that she responded to our email, and what an honor it is to have her answer our questions! Here are her answers:
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog. How long have you been blogging? 
I'm a Fine Art and Photography student. I enjoy sketching, cooking, singing and playing in my spare time. Hmm, I guess I have been blogging since 2008. 
2. Where do you get inspiration for the things you post? 
It usually comes naturally. But there are things that inspires me, such as films, music and even the weather and of course this whole blogosphere. 
3. Which post of yours is your favorite so far? Tell us more about it! 
Ah it's hard to say, but I kinda like to look back at the posts I've written a bit cause I never write much. I would say this one its so gloomy that it amuses me. 
4. What do you aspire to be when you're older? 
This thing about 'future' makes me a bit sad. Perhaps it's cause I worry a lot about what should I be or what should I do. Therefore I have decided to live today, it's pretty cliche but it makes me feel better not to think of it. I will just carry on  studying and doing the things I like and let's see how it goes. 
5. How were you able to get your blog's name out there?
I think I got some views due to Lookbook.nu  
6. What are, in your opinion, the pros and cons of blogging?
The pros are receiving so many encouraging comments and being able to inspire people.
And cons are being exposed, when you put your stuff out there you are allowing people to judge you, you might receive constructive criticism but also mean comments.. but you know life is like that too the only difference is that via internet you can be an anonymous and say whatever you want. 
7. If you could have a playlist that defines your blog/photographs, what songs would be in it?
  • Piece Me Back Together - Melodica, Melody and Me
  • There Are Many Birds - Arthur & Yu 
  • Our Deal - Best Coast  
  • Cigarettes - Russian Red
  •  Don't Watch Me Dancing - Little Joy
  • Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken - Camera Obscura
  • Maria Ninguém - Bridgitte Bardot 
  • In The Morning - Mallu Magalhães
  • Hang On Sloopy - The Mccoys 
8. What are the usual subjects in your photographs and where do you usually take them? Any reason why? 

Most are personal things I have inside my room like my typewriter or cups of coffee and I like to take them around my house, especially when I am alone at home. I like the domestic feel and personal approach and I try to convey those intimate moments through the photos. 

9. What made you get into photography?

I don't really know how I got into it. All of the sudden I had this urge to achieve nice pictures

and couldn't stop photographing. I think I have always like it. However my interest developed 

more in 2007. 
10. Do you have any tips for aspiring bloggers that have the same theme as your blog or bloggers in general?
Do what you like regardless of how many views you get, blog to yourself , please yourself and feedback will surely come.


Check out Stefany's blog and be enchanted with it - just like I was!

Please support her! I hope you get to see how gifted this young woman is, and how her photos can speak a thousand words :)


1 comment:

  1. I love Stefany Alves! Thanks for posting this interview

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...