Tuesday, August 7, 2012

FEATURED: Jennifer Young ☮


This is the lovely Jennifer Young, lifestyle photographer and owner of the whimsical I Art U blog. Taken from her about me page, she started IAU at around August of 2009. She obssessed over "...natural light, authentic moments, understanding and appreciating the process of creating, travel, cafe hopping, dinner with friends, creative details, and finding beauty in simplicity." With this description, there's no doubt that this woman is artistically brilliant, which is why we wanted to feature her.


 Her photographs are aesthetically thought of. They reflect a sense of contentment, and the subject is highlighted in such a way that the audience admires the beauty of the art. It celebrates life, love, and all the feelings you could think of. For me, that is a mark of a truly gifted photographer.


We were ecstatic to have her write back to our email (Thank you, Jennifer!), so here are some of the questions she answered!

1. Tell us about yourself and your blog. How long have you been blogging?
I'm Jennifer Young, lifestyle photographer and blogger over at I ART U. I started IAU as an inspiration blog but it has become a place where I share my personal photography work or collaborations I host with other artists. I've been blogging for almost three years coming up in September!

2. Where do you get inspiration for the things you post?
My posts are inspired by a lot of my travels. I'm on the road frequently and I love documenting my steps along the way.

3. Which post of yours is your favorite so far? Tell us more about it!
Favorite? I don't know if I have one! Here are a few of my favorites: 12, & 3.




4. Tell us something quirky about you that your readers probably don't know.
I like the smell of chlorine...weird, right?

5. How were you able to get your blog's name out there?
I'm don't know if my blog name is "out there", but I enjoy connecting with others by reading their blogs and commenting...comments are always a good way of reaching out. 

6. What are, in your opinion, the pros and cons of blogging?
The pros? Meeting a bunch of creatives that I wouldn't have met otherwise. Cons? It's super time consuming and keeps me in front of the computer for too many hours of the day. 



7. If you could have a playlist that defines your blog/photographs, what songs would be in it?
Lately, I've been so outside of the music scene...I don't think I can answer this!

8. What are your favorite things to photograph? Point out a constant/similarity in your photos.
I think my favorite thing to photograph is everyday life. I love capturing uncontrived moments or things of everyday living.

9. What made you get into photography?
It's been a passion of mine since I was young. Not sure what made me get into photography but I find capturing moments and light fascinating and beautiful. 

10. Do you have any tips for aspiring bloggers that have the same theme as your blog or bloggers in general?
I say connect with those who inspire you and post consistently (i'm the worst at this)! 


Please check out Jennifer's blog and support her here and here!
Follow her on Pinterest as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...