Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Favorite YouTube covers at the moment ☮

When I have too much time on my hands, you would catch me either on twitter, reading, looking through blogs, or watching YouTube videos. I love seeing raw, natural talent on YouTube. It's always a treat seeing my favorite songs being sung in a different way, with people putting different twists to it. I'm always looking for good covers that can spice up my mood, and I want to share them with all of you! Here are some of my favorites, credits to my sister for helping me look for the best: 

Kids by MGMT // HeyHiHello x Poppy


Poppy is an AMAZING singer. Her voice is different and raw, and her cover of Kids is out of this world. She made the sound more natural, kind of putting an indie vibe to it. 

Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men // HeyHiHello x Poppy


Another collaboration by the same artists, this song is one of my favorites. Giving a stripped back, acoustic rendition, this one never fails to make me happy. 

Lego House by Ed Sheeran // Stooshe


One of my favorite artists ever, and one of my favorite songs by him, sung by an amazing girl group. I love the fact that they kept their British accents!

As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber // Eli Lieb


I love this song on Bieber's new album, Believe, but with this soulful rendition, it gives it a whole new meaning.

A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope // Clinton Cave x Jesse Mann


I have a thing for saxophones, and this cover is, without a doubt, incredibly sexy. Must watch!

More Than This by One Direction // Band At Sunset 


For all you One Direction fans, these boys do them justice.

I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab For Cutie // Gavin Mikhail
 

This piano driven melody sends chills down my spine. Simple, but effective.

Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye ft. Kimbra // Jayme Dee 


Jayme Dee is one of my absolute favorite YouTube artists, and all her covers are flawless. Here's one that I really like. Her voice is so smooth!

Thinking About You by Frank Ocean // Tori Kelly x Angie Girl


What a great duo! This song is amazing, and with Tori's voice combined with Angie's beatboxing, this cover is definitely worth watching.

Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys // Ed Sheeran


The amazing Ed Sheeran taking his own risk with a rap song! As usual, he slays it.

The Cave by Mumford and Sons // Dia Frampton


The runner up to The Voice season 1 does her own cover of the coveted Mumford and Sons song.

Ho Hey by The Lumineers // James Alan 
 

I love this boy's voice. He's a natural, and his gritty tone + guitar skills really makes the song come alive. It's perfect for him.

Call Me Maybe x Payphone // Jessica Jarell x James Alan


A mashup! SO SO SO good, I love it so much, I made it the last one!


I hope you enjoyed all the videos, I'll be posting more in the near future :-) Support these YouTube artists by watching their videos, liking them, leaving comments, or subscribing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...