Saturday, October 13, 2012

FEATURED: Everything After ♡


While I was in Sydney, I happened to pass by a couple of musicians busking in Pitt Street (if I'm not mistaken). One of them being Everything After, an Indie/Folk/Pop duo comprised of Jordan and James, two 18 year old boys from the Central Coast of New South Wales. 

with my (obviously excited) sister
The first thing I thought of when I saw them was to ask if I could feature them on here, despite my fear of them laughing in my face and walking away. Jordan and James turned out to be really lovely (thank God!) and I was able to film a short video of them for Synergy. The interview, however, was conducted through Facebook as I had to leave shortly after.

Everything After with JackMan Friday

Their music reminds me a lot of Mumford & Sons'; it's the kind you'd expect to hear in music festivals such as Coachella. Their songs are fun (All The Dreaming is the best) and perfect for those summer montage videos I personally love making. They're worth a listen, so I highly suggest you give them a chance.  I'm very picky when it comes to the music I listen to, so trust me when I say Everything After is amazing. They're a breath of fresh air from all the mainstream pop music. 

They're actually too cute for my life...

Before I show you guys their answers, check out their cover of Mr. Brightside by the Killers. :)


1. Tell us about yourself/your band/group.
We're a band called Everything After and we've been together for about a year. We play Indie/Folk/Pop music and do a lot of busking in Sydney's Pitt St Mall. We're 18 years old.

2. How did you start?
We started playing guitar together at school and then 5 years later started being a band:)

3. How did you come up with the name?
Stole it from a Counting Crows album:)

4. How would you describe your sound?
IndieFolkPop


5. Who is/are your musical inspiration/s?We haven been heavily influenced by bands like Mumford and Sons and Boy and Bear as well as others like Ben Howard, Counting Crows and many many more that I can't think of.

6. Why did you choose to go into the music industry?We both love playing music and we kind of just found ourselves there because of that

7. What makes you different from all the other musicians?I don't think we are that different from other musicians, we have our own unique sound and we will do absolutely anything to be the best we can be but I think all musicians do the same.

performing with Woodlock
8. Tips for aspiring musicians?
If you love making and playing music then there should be nothing to stop you from doing it the way you want to:)


9. Name at least one musician you'd like to work with in the future. 
Mumford & Sons


10. Anything else?
Thanks for having us:)

Aren't they just the cutest? I also had them sign their EP which I had bought from them because I'm sorta kinda a fangirl like that... If you would like to hear more of Everything After, I highly suggest you like their Facebook page and subscribe to their Youtube channel. They also have twitter! Please do support them. They deserve all the attention they get and more. :) And to Jordan and James, if you're reading this - keep making brilliant music and we'll always be here supporting you. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...